Jul 18, 2015

Mustering My Courage


Haha. I didn't know what came over me but I finally got the courage to post my first ever Wattpad story.  I wrote Fire and Water Sonata when I was still in my early twenties and dystopia (thanks to the Hunger Games!) was still all the rage.

Fire and Water Sonata is about a rule-loving girl who grew up in a community called "Sanctuary" wherein the people's lives are dictated by the stars, specifically, their zodiac signs.  Their career options, their spouses, their children choices are basically driven by their astrological signs. I know it sounds crazy but I grew up with my mother telling me that I probably love the sea and has an obsession with mermaids and any sea creatures because I was born a Pisces.  You can bet that I believed such lunacy when I was still in my teens but as I grow older, I realized that I am the sailor of my life and zodiac signs are just there to guide us.   But still, I cannot deny that delving into the world of astrology is such a fun activity and whenever I got hold of a newspaper, I cannot stop myself from visiting the horoscope section first.

Reading about my daily and yearly horoscope is such a deeply ingrained habit that it just makes logical sense to write a story about it. I'm not sure, however, if Fire and Water Sonata is as much as fun as my experience with  learning and understanding the twelve zodiac signs.  So I'm going to leave it to you to do the judging.

If you are interested in reading Fire and Water Sonata, just click on the image above and it should direct you to the story.

Recommended Reading: Pushing The Limits By Katie McGarry


No comments:

Post a Comment